The current Reentry Task Force was seated by the Commission with a start date on April 11, 2023. This Task Force will address the reentry topics assigned by the Commission as delineated in the 2022 Biennial Letter from Gov. Jared Polis pursuant to House Bill 2018-1287, which are outlined below in "Mandates." Additionally, upcoming meetings, members, subgroups, previous meeting materials and minutes can be found below.
The Commission previously addressed the topic of reentry by seating the Re-entry Task Force that met from April 8, 2015 to July 12, 2017.
- Upcoming Meetings
Date Time Location April 11, 2023
RETF 4/11 Agenda
(To be posted)
9:30am - 12:00pm See Meetings for hybrid meeting details (choice of In-person* or Virtual attendance).
WG- WORKING GROUP MEETINGS
This Task Force currently has no Working Groups. WG meetings are scheduled at the convenience of members. Meeting information will always be posted at least 24 hours in advance. *In-person meetings must meet an In-person RSVP/attendance threshold of 50%.
TF- TASK FORCE MEETING DATES
Unless noted otherwise, all Task Force meetings occur on the TUESDAY of the same week as the Friday Commission meetings, which always occur on the second Friday of the month.
TUESDAYS @ 9:30am
April 11, 2023
May 9, 2023
June 6, 2023
For information, contact Task Force staff: Stephane Waisanen (stephane.waisenan<at>state.co.us)
Meeting Accessibility: CDPS is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. As part of this commitment, CDPS will ensure reasonable accommodations are provided to enable all people to engage fully in our trainings, meetings and events. To request accommodations, please contact CCJJ staff support [stephane.waisenan<at>state.co.us] at least two weeks before the meeting date for which you need an accommodation. Please make sure also to let us know if you need any of the materials in an alternative format.
See the CCJJ Calendar for information on all scheduled meetings of the Commission and its subgroups.
- Task Force Members
The CCJJ Chair and Vice-Chair shall appoint the Task Force Chair and Vice-Chair and members to the defined positions as provided below.
Name Position / Affiliation Chair or Co-Chair, TBD Vice Chair or Co-Chair, TBD Taj Ashaheed (CCJJ) Offender Advocacy Janet Drake (CCJJ) Attorney General's Office Rick Kornfeld (CCJJ) Private Defense/ Defense Bar Greg Mauro (CCJJ) Community Corrections - Admin. Steve O'Dorisio (CCJJ) Local Government/ County Commissioner (Adams Co.) Andre Stancil (CCJJ) CO Department of Corrections Glenn Tapia (CCJJ) Probation Services/ Judicial Abigail Tucker (CCJJ) Mental/Behavioral Health providers Meredith Davis Health Care Policy & Financing Joy Hart Behavioral Health Administration Brian Mason Prosecution/ CO District Attorneys' Council Merideth McGrath Parole/ CO Department of Corrections Katie Ruske Office of Community Corrections/ Div. of Criminal Justice Sylvia Simms Law Enforcement/ Sheriff's Office (Summit Co.) Todd Spanier Local Government/ County Criminal Justice Services (Arapahoe Co.) Michael Tessean CO State Board of Parole VACANT - Recruiting for consideration Victim Advocacy VACANT - Recruiting for consideration Other Law Enforcement VACANT - Recruiting for consideration Legislative representative VACANT - Recruiting for consideration Community Corrections - Boards/Programs rep.
Staff: Stephane Waisenan (stephane.waisenan<at>state.co.us)
(CCJJ) - Commission members
Former Members Position Name, Affiliation
The Reentry Task Force  has created no subgroups.*
* Pursuant to § 24-6-402(2)(a), C.R.S., "All meetings of two or more members of any state public body at which any public business is discussed or at which any formal action may be taken are declared to be public meetings open to the public at all times." Subgroups meet this requirement if two or more Commission members participate.
Pursuant to the 2022 Biennial Letter from Gov. Jared Polis (derived from House Bill 2018-1287) the Commission should examine how the state can improve services for re-entry from incarceration, including health and behavioral health services. The Commission should examine the following:
- Operations and effectiveness of health/behavioral health services and re-entry services provided in the Department of Corrections (DOC) prior to release.
- Services provided to recently released parolees.
- Use of community corrections.
- Use of other community supervision services and coordination of health/behavioral health services from DOC to community treatment providers.
- Healthcare plans and advocacy groups.
- How to improve re-entry programs utilized in county jails, including those that attend specifically to health and behavioral health needs of individuals in jails.
- Reentry Task Force  materials.
Minutes of the Reentry Task Force  may be found below under "Previous Meetings."
No materials posted.
- Previous Meetings
- Minutes of previous meetings are posted here, subsequent to applicable committee approval. Meeting audio is available for six months (180 days) from the meeting date after which the minutes document serves as the record of the meeting.
RETF = Reentry Task Force
Committee Date/Time Location Minutes / Audio Inaugural Meeting
April 11, 2023
9:30am - 12:00pm
Virtual Meeting 4/11/23 Minutes (To be posted upon approval)
4/11/23 Meeting Audio
(To be posted)