Enhancing public safety and justice through evidence-based recidivism reduction
COMMISSION ("CCJJ") MEETING
Friday, April 14, 2023; 1:30-4pm
CCJJ Agenda (4/14): (To be posted)
See Meetings for the latest CCJJ and committee meeting details. Meetings may be virtual, in-person, or both ("hybrid"). See Meetings for details regarding the option(s) available for specific meetings.
Future CCJJ meetings (2nd Fri.):
May 12, Jun. 9...
See the CCJJ Calendar.
- CCJJ FY 2021 Annual Report
- Addressing Trauma and Victimization in Women's Prisons (2020)
- Exploring the Increase in CO District Court Filing (2013-2018)
- Prosecutors, Reentry and Public Safety (2019)
- Are Metal Detectors Effective at Making Schools Safer? (2019)
- Report: Transforming the U.S. Justice System (2019) (Factsheet)
- 21 Principles for the 21st Century Prosecutor (2018)
- Five Things about Deterrence (2016)
- Reducing Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Jails (2015)
- Prosecutor's Guide for Advancing Racial Equity (2014)
- Fact Sheet: Legal Coercion, Drug Treatment and Recidivism (2012)
- Drug Policy Fact Sheet (2011)
- Treatment Funding White Paper (2010)
- What Works: Effective Recidivism Reduction...(2008)
CO Department of Public Safety
700 Kipling Street #1000
Denver CO 80215 USA
Division of Criminal Justice
Office of Research & Statistics
- The Colorado Office of Policy, Research and Regulatory Reform (COPRRR) conducted a sunset review of the CCJJ as described in § 2-3-1203, Colorado Revised Statutes. This analysis was performed to determine whether the CCJJ is necessary and should be continued or repealed. This sunset review was completed October 14, 2022 for which a Review and Fact Sheet are available at the COPRRR Archive of Reviews: coprrr.colorado.gov/archive-of-reviews.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee conducted a hearing on the sunset review of the Colorado Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice (CCJJ) on January 30, 2023.
- Senate Bill 2023-158 (Concerning the continuation of the Colorado Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice) was introduced on February 15, 2023.